Tuesday 27 November 2018

Cailan's Camp Letter to John Paul

20 November 2018      


Dear
John Paul


Thank you for being my secret buddy on camp. You did nice things without me even knowing.
I like the first car trip but not so much the last one. The first one was funny because of the
joke you made about every single driver getting their license out of a weetbix packet! It was
also funny having to stop every 5 minutes because of road works. The stop just before the rock
overpass was funny because when we were just about to drive pass the traffic light,  
IT TURNED RED! Unbelievable! Alex Actually started crying.


When we got there and unpacked we did the Squawk Squad activity. During the activity I learnt
that there was a road up the back called the School Terrace  and that it had the community
centre. Walking up and down those steps was very tiring. In the end we were able to save the
bird and be the first group to finish the activity.


Walking the tramp was exhausting! The tramp was tiring but fun at the same time. Carrying my
pack was easy. When we found that water on that dried up river I was so relieved. I dipped my
hat in it and I put it on because it was so hot. It was fun how the camp went all day, although it
did not feel like it. I didn’t like the bush bingo as much as the rest but it was a creative activity.  


The games with Gemma were fun. My favorite game was the tug of war and the soccer but mostly
the tug of war because we got dragged on the ground by the girls. I swore they were cheating.
I also liked Chuck the Dino and Huckle Buckle. Thank you for getting the ball every time it went
over the fence.


Over all, thank you for helping the APOEC (Arthur’s Pass Outdoor Education Centre) leader and
driving us there.


Ngā mihi
Yours sincerely
Cailan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.