Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing - Abandoned Places

At the moment in class we have been working on descriptive writing. We have been using pictures to give us ideas of what to write about. here is a piece of writing I did. 

Click here for a link to the original work.



The Abandoned Sandy House


As I step in the building I have the feel and smell of Dehydration.
It looks old, but when I walk in one of the rooms I hesitate as a beam of light
shines on my face. I see the dust in the room. I touch the door frame with
ripped off door hinges then I notice the paint on the door is fairly new but lots
of moss on the walls, then I hear what sounds like a storm outside.
it was a sandstorm.
     
At first I had no Idea what it was until it came though the house
I got a shiver down my spine. It carried the sand like a storm picking up leaves.
The sand pile was rising fast and I got a grind feeling on my teeth as sand
on my face like a wave. I covered my face as the sand had risen about 3
centimetres up my body. The sandstorm started to calm down and speed away
like a person doing sprints at athletes.

Now the dust was worse as it had ever been before. I started to cough,
I was thinking that there was no point in yelling help because there was no
one available. Coughing again I thought at least the storm was over. I walked
forward not noticing my legs where buried in sand forcing my body forward,
I pulled my legs out and climbed over the sand passing the beam of light that
was starting to go dark. I climb out the door going on to the cracked footpath
looking behind me at the house saying out loud to myself
“That was an adventure”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.